On this all of a sudden slower hiring market, many firms must justify not shedding members of their recruiting and sourcing groups. The temptation is to chop prices below the false perception that with out hiring, their expertise group will need to have nothing to do.
On this collection, I’ll discover a number of the value-added duties that TA groups will be doing throughout these gradual occasions that can add worth now and maintain your well-oiled TA group in place, sharper than ever, and able to flick the swap on a cultivated sturdy pipeline.
Employer Branding in Outreach
For the 12 Days of Sourcing final month, I wrote about utilizing video clips in outreach to draw prospects to interact and supplied some actual instance outreaches that labored to draw hard-to-find tech expertise over the past hiring frenzy. However what about in these slower occasions? We are able to nonetheless use this time to do personalized bulk outreaches to our expertise communities or lengthy lists of prospects, utilizing employer branding video content material to construct a pipeline of prospects already engaged together with your model for when the market picks up. Listed below are a few common tips on what to think about when choosing which content material to make use of.
Attempt Video Employer Branding
Video employer branding is a robust device for attracting high expertise within the present job market. With the rise of social media and video-sharing platforms, it has grow to be more and more straightforward for firms to showcase their tradition and values to a wider viewers. Analysis from Bain & Firm has discovered that employer branding can result in a 25-50% discount in the price of hiring and a 50-80% enchancment within the high quality of hires.
As a Expertise Sourcer, when utilizing employer branding video content material successfully in chilly outreaches to extremely sought-after tech expertise, I noticed a response price skyrocket from a meager 4-5% to over 30%! Whereas each response was an enthusiastic “Let’s GO!”, it doubled the variety of prospects prepared to discover the place whereas creating a strong pipeline of future prospects now engaged and following our model.
Video Employer Branding in Motion
Advantages of Video Employer Branding
The advantages of together with video employer branding content material are countless, and few stand very tall.
- Elevated attain and visibility: Video employer branding permits firms to achieve a wider viewers and showcase their tradition and values to potential candidates. In accordance with a examine by the Boston Consulting Group, job seekers are more and more turning to social media and firm web sites to study potential employers. By creating participating video content material, firms can stand out from their rivals and appeal to high expertise.
- Improved candidate expertise: Video employer branding offers an immersive and genuine take a look at what it’s wish to work for a corporation. This may also help candidates higher perceive the corporate tradition and values and make a extra knowledgeable choice about whether or not they can be a superb match.
- Enhanced employer popularity: By creating compelling and genuine video content material, firms can enhance their popularity as a “great spot to work” and appeal to high expertise. In accordance with analysis from McKinsey, firms with robust employer manufacturers are likely to have increased retention charges and are extra profitable at attracting high expertise.
Along with the marketing campaign I highlighted in 12 Days of Sourcing, listed below are another examples of profitable video employer branding:
- Airbnb: Airbnb’s “We Settle for” marketing campaign, which featured a collection of movies showcasing the corporate’s dedication to inclusivity and variety, was extremely profitable in attracting high expertise and enhancing the corporate’s popularity as an employer.
- Google: Google’s “Life at Google” video collection provides a behind-the-scenes take a look at what it’s wish to work on the tech large and highlights its modern tradition and values.
- Deloitte: Deloitte’s “Life at Deloitte” video collection showcases the corporate’s dedication to work-life steadiness and offers a glimpse into the varied profession paths obtainable on the consulting agency.
Concerns for Utilizing Video
Little question, these campaigns have been profitable. However what are some common tips on what to think about when utilizing video materials in prospect outreach? Listed below are some issues for utilizing video employer branding:
- Clearly outline your organization tradition and values: Earlier than creating any video content material, it is very important signify your organization’s tradition and values to assist be certain that your video content material aligns together with your employer model and attracts the best candidates.
- Showcase the worker expertise: You will need to showcase what it’s like – “A typical the day” -to work in your firm to draw high expertise. This could embrace highlighting firm perks and advantages, showcasing group bonding actions, and giving a behind-the-scenes take a look at every day life on the firm.
- Use storytelling: Efficient video employer branding usually makes use of storytelling to showcase the corporate tradition and values. By that includes actual staff and their experiences on the firm, firms can create a extra genuine and relatable picture.
- Make the most of social media: Social media platforms, equivalent to LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, are nice channels for sharing video employer branding content material. By posting participating and genuine movies, firms can attain a wider viewers and appeal to high expertise.
- Search worker enter: Involving staff in creating video employer branding content material may also help create a extra genuine and real portrayal of the corporate. By soliciting concepts and data from staff, firms can be certain that the content material precisely displays the worker expertise. Higher nonetheless, have staff within the video explaining how they do what they do and why they love doing what they do.
If it sounds easy, it’s as a result of it’s. Video employer branding is a robust device for attracting high expertise. By showcasing the corporate’s story and the workers’ experiences, prospects can higher image themselves working in your tradition and, in flip, will extra totally interact once they really feel that connection. On this slower market, all we have to do is change the message from “come work right here now” to “when you ever contemplate a place change, it is best to contemplate my firm.” And funnel responses into organized swimming pools of engaged, ready-to-talk prospects as soon as the hiring machine is cracked again up! And you realize it is going to.
LGBT Inclusion Champion, looking for numerous expert expertise in all fields. Over 25 years of main in all points of World Expertise Acquisition specializing in Sourcing and strategic expertise forecasting and recruitment enablement. Please contact Steve at [email protected]
Weekly information and business insights delivered straight to your inbox.