Expertise Board, a non-profit group devoted to elevating and researching high quality candidate experiences, at the moment launched its 2022 North American Candidate Expertise Benchmark Analysis Report. The report shares confidential and nameless suggestions from greater than 150 corporations and almost 200,000 candidates around the globe who participated in Expertise Board’s analysis program (also called The CandEs), which delves into each side of the recruiting and candidate experiences, from pre-application to onboarding.
Among the many key findings from this analysis are:
- Candidate resentment is on the rise globally: For the second 12 months in a row, candidate resentment (a measure of how negatively job seekers fee their candidate experiences) has risen around the globe, particularly within the areas of EMEA, APAC, and Latin America. In EMEA, resentment rose 10%; in APAC, it rose 17%; and in Latin America, it was up 100%. The one area the place candidate resentment didn’t rise in 2022 was North America, the place resentment charges dropped by 14% (though nonetheless traditionally excessive at 12% total).
- High candidate analysis content material for 2022: Candidates stated firm values was the highest analysis content material for his or her job search in 2022 — earlier than they apply for a job — one thing that’s by no means been extra beneficial to candidates in Expertise Board’s benchmark analysis.
- High recruiting priorities for 2023: Contributors stated their high recruiting priorities for 2023 are onboarding (cited by 40%); the candidate expertise (cited by 38%); and variety/inclusion, which tied with worker referrals (each cited by 37% of members).
The most important and longest-running examine of its sort, Expertise Board’s annual benchmark analysis has evaluated responses from greater than 1,350 employers and 1.4 million job seekers since its launch in 2011. Every year, the analysis covers the principle constituents of constructive and honest candidate experiences, how nicely employers are delivering these experiences, and particularly what CandE Award winners (corporations with the highest-rated candidate experiences) are doing higher than different employers to ship constructive experiences.
“Though candidate resentment lessened throughout and instantly following the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s increased than ever globally,” stated Kevin W. Grossman, Expertise Board president. “Employers have to remember the fact that resentment has main repercussions to their manufacturers and the underside strains akin to whether or not or not candidates will apply to their jobs once more, whether or not they’ll refer colleagues and pals, whether or not they’ll be model advocates, and whether or not they’ll purchase an organization’s services and products. Even in North America, the place resentment ranges fell barely in 2022, they’re nonetheless excessive.”
“The truth that onboarding is the primary precedence for TA groups within the coming 12 months may be very telling,” added Ron Machamer, Expertise Board director of worldwide packages. “Too many employers misplaced new hires in 2022 earlier than they even began or shortly after day one, that’s how aggressive the expertise market has gotten and that’s how essential it’s to get onboarding proper. Even our CandE Award winners wrestled with pre-boarding by means of onboarding this previous 12 months. It’s no surprise TA groups plan to place further emphasis on this part of the method in 2023.”
Different CandE Report Takeaways
A couple of different key takeaways from the brand new 2022 CandE report embrace:
- TA Groups Locate Put up-Utility Communication: Though well timed and regular candidate communications have lengthy been a crucial part of a constructive candidate expertise, 34% of candidates have been nonetheless ready one to 2 months (or extra) to listen to concerning the subsequent steps after they submitted an utility, a troubling 48% increased than in 2021.
- High AI-Primarily based Tech Purchases in 2023: Many TA groups plan to make AI tech purchases within the 12 months forward to assist enhance their recruiting effectiveness. 79% plan to purchase tech that removes bias from utility and screening processes; 72% plan to purchase tech that measures and predicts worker job-changing conduct; and 57% plan to purchase tech that aids with job efficiency predictions by means of job simulations.
The excellent 2022 Expertise Board North American Benchmark Analysis Report will be downloaded in its entirety at the moment right here.
Expertise Board will make the brand new EMEA, APAC, and Latin American analysis briefs out there earlier than the tip of January.
For organizations concerned about becoming a member of subsequent 12 months’s candidate expertise benchmark analysis program, the 2023 program is now open and corporations can study extra about participation right here.
About Expertise Board
Based in 2011, Expertise Board and the Candidate Expertise Awards is the primary non-profit analysis group centered on the elevation and promotion of a top quality candidate expertise. Expertise Board delivers annual recruiting and hiring trade benchmark analysis that highlights accountability, equity, and the enterprise affect of candidate expertise. Extra info will be discovered at https://www.thetalentboard.org.