Our December replace covers the next:
- An replace on the draft legislation to manage distant working in Thailand. See right here for an summary of the proposed modifications.
- In Hong Kong, the Court docket of Attraction not too long ago confirmed that standby days aren’t relaxation days; staff on standby should nonetheless be granted correct relaxation days even when they don’t find yourself engaged on their standby days. Learn a abstract of the case right here.
- There are a variety of updates popping out of Mainland China this month. With the relief of the zero Covid coverage, employers are grappling with points round wages, work harm compensation, distant working and vaccinations. We summarise a listing of FAQs right here. Moreover, we remind employers that the newest revision to the legislation on the safety of rights and pursuits of girls will come into impact on 1 January 2023. See right here for a abstract of the modifications.
- Our Compliance Examine this month seems to be on the new code of observe in Singapore issued by the Office Security and Well being Council which gives steerage on well being and security duties for chief executives and board of administrators. Compliance with the code could also be taken as a mitigating issue within the occasion of a breach of the Office Security and Well being Act 2006 so it’s vital that chief executives and administrators think about implementing the measures prompt within the code. Learn the abstract right here.
- Lastly, our Asia Comparative Article considers the necessities in carrying over, cashing out and forfeiting statutory annual depart. Examine the principles in Singapore, Hong Kong, Mainland China and Indonesia right here.
Herbert Smith Freehills LLP is licensed to function as a international legislation observe in Singapore. The place recommendation on Singapore legislation is required, we are going to refer the matter to and work with licensed Singapore legislation practices the place essential.