Outdoors of direct pitching and networking, most freelance work comes by way of writing job websites. Whereas there are such a lot of on the market, this text will probably be a abstract of one of the best freelance writing websites so that you don’t waste your time.
Whereas there are much more than will probably be talked about within the article, simply know these are 4 of one of the best to begin with in the event you’re seeking to turn into a contract author.
What to Search for in A Freelance Writing Web site
Discovering an excellent website as a freelancer is commonly key to getting your profession rolling.
It’s a good way to search out your first few jobs, construct some portfolio items, and formally turn into a freelancer. You would possibly even discover some purchasers who keep as your purchasers for a very long time.
On the subject of freelance writing websites, there are a whole lot, if not 1000’s, to select from. The issue is that almost all of them sound nice, however if you get into the finer particulars they both supply horrible pay or they barely have any work to supply.
As you hunt for freelance writing websites, it would be best to work out issues resembling:
- Do it’s worthwhile to create a profile?
- Is there an utility course of?
- What charges do they take out of your pay, if any?
- What kind of writing do they provide?
- When do they pay?
- Is it a reliable website?
Execs and Cons of Freelance Writing Websites
On the subject of beginning out as a contract author, you may both go to writing websites or you may straight pitch to firms. Most individuals select to begin out with freelance websites as a result of it’s much less intimidating than the choice.
Relying on the kind of writing you love to do, there are plenty of professionals and cons of utilizing freelance writing websites.
Execs of freelance writing websites:
- Tons of freelance writing jobs in a single place
- Capable of finding particular jobs based mostly in your most popular sorts of jobs
- You don’t must hunt for the work or do any cold-pitching, the roles are already accessible so that you can select from
- Take as a lot or as little work as you need
- Earn cash on the aspect in case you have a full-time or part-time job
Cons of freelance writing websites
- They’re typically extremely aggressive as they’re often open to folks from all around the globe
- Charges could be on the decrease finish because of the competitors
- Takes time to hunt by way of job postings to discover a good match
- Can take some time to get your first few jobs and construct your popularity (relying on if the location offers critiques for the freelancer or not)
Now that what it’s best to search for and the professionals and cons of these kind of websites, let’s dive into the precise really helpful websites.
Greatest Freelance Writing Websites
Let’s dive into among the finest freelance writing websites and go over what it’s worthwhile to learn about each.
#1 – LinkedIn
Now, LinkedIn just isn’t technically a job website as a result of it’s additionally a social community, however it might not be doable to say one of the best freelance writing websites with out naming LinkedIn.
Individuals will typically point out needing writers in standing’ or recruiters would possibly attain out to you in the event you make your profile particular sufficient utilizing key phrases. Tons of freelance writers like LinkedIn as a result of it additionally means that you can hook up with enterprise homeowners so you will get your foot within the door for dream purchasers and industries.
Although you’re a freelancer, LinkedIn additionally helps you to keep watch over precise job postings from firms, in the event you ever resolve to submit your resume and discover some full-time or part-time work.
Execs of LinkedIn:
- Nice for networking and rising your profession as a freelancer
- Capable of join with editors at dream publications
- Freelance work of all types and in all industries are in a position to be discovered on LinkedIn
Cons of LinkedIn:
- Centered extra on jobs than particularly freelance work
- Must spend a little bit of time establishing your profile to make it stand out
- LinkedIn helps you to create a free account, however there are some superior paid options in the event you select to increase your attain
#2 – Upwork
The great side of Upwork is that there are 1000’s upon 1000’s of jobs posted at any given time for writers to hunt by way of. You will want to set your filters so you will discover the roles which are a greater match for you, however there are extra jobs there than on virtually some other freelancing website.
Now, Upwork doesn’t have one of the best popularity for freelance writers because of the (typically) low charges on jobs.
Nevertheless, with slightly little bit of digging and persistence, writers could make a good price by way of Upwork. It would take some time to construct your popularity on that website and enhance your referrals, however that’s how one can enhance your price by way of that website.
Execs of Upwork:
- Tons of jobs to type by way of at any given time limit
- One central place to search out freelance writing work
Cons of Upwork:
- Must hunt by way of plenty of jobs to search out good charges
- Plenty of competitors on the subject of discovering freelance writing jobs
- Upwork is free to make use of, however you solely get so many credit with the free plan
- Take into accout, they take a share of your earnings (20% on your first $500, then 10% of your first $10,000, then 5% from there)
#3 – BloggingPro
BloggingPro is targeted particularly on running a blog and associated sorts of writing alternatives. As a substitute of working contained in the platform, it’s extra of a operating record of the present full-time, part-time, and freelance writing alternatives accessible.
Execs of BloggingPro:
- Tons of freelance writing jobs from all around the web
- You too can join their electronic mail record and get the brand new jobs despatched to you recurrently
Cons of BloggingPro:
- No central base to use for jobs, you continue to typically want to put in writing your pitches, ship your portfolio, and extra
- They don’t work together with the purchasers to ensure the roles are reliable
- It’s free to scroll by way of their website and apply to the roles
#4 – Fixed Content material
Fixed Content material is usually centered on content material for companies. So, think about plenty of search engine marketing articles, weblog posts, product descriptions, and so forth.
They’ve a wide range of writing jobs to select from, whether or not you select to promote articles you write within the market or tackle particular gigs for purchasers, you could have a wide range of methods to develop with their website.
They’ve over 100,000 web sites that purchase content material from them, so there are countless alternatives and postings to select from. In response to their web site, the highest writers make $90,000+ a 12 months (however there’s no particulars on how a lot they’re working or what number of writers this contains).
Execs of Fixed Content material:
- Tons of freelance writing jobs accessible
- 85% of articles written are bought
- There are clear tips with items so that you’re not writing at the hours of darkness
- You’re in a position to write articles for matters you’re captivated with and attempt to promote them
Cons of Fixed Content material:
- Plenty of competitors
- The payment they take off of your pay is excessive
- “Good” pay on the location is usually thought of round $0.10 per phrase
- Whereas it’s free to hitch, they do take a staggering 35% minimize
- There may be an utility course of that you need to go earlier than you’re allowed to hitch
Want an article template define that will help you impress editors and get extra writing gigs?
We’ve got simply what you want: